Communication with parents/guardians is key and there is no better way to do this than have a professional and informative handbook to give to them at the very beginning of their journey with you.
Under the Early Years Regulations, you are obliged to share the mandatory policies with parents.
The Parent Handbook is an excellent summary of your full policies, presented in user-friendly format. It is also demonstrates to both TUSLA and the Department of Education (DES) that you have a formal system of communication, which is an important element of both inspections.
The Parent Handbook has many benefits:
- It welcomes parents/guardians as partners in education
- It helps you engage parents in their child’s learning and social development
- It presents you in a professional manner
- It is an excellent marketing tool
- Key messages are shared in a coherent and clear language, avoiding any ambiguity
- It prevents conflict as it sets out your terms in relation to areas like fees and
- Parents sign agreement to the terms set out in the Parent Handbook
- You can add any messages or information at any time, which keeps the publication up to date