The purpose of a Mock Inspection is to prepare an Early Years service for a real Tusla inspection and to help the whole team approach inspections with greater confidence.
The Mock Inspection is carried out, in accordance with the relevant legislation, the Child Care Act 1991(Early Years Services) Regulations 2016 and the Child Care Act 1991 (Early Years Services) (Registration of School Age Services) Regulations 2018 and Tusla Quality and Regulatory Framework.
The Mock Inspection has many benefits:
- It provides an opportunity to test compliance under realistic conditions
- It identifies weaknesses and the service can use the Action Plan provided as a work-plan
- Employees will have a much better idea about the types of questions they might be asked, what role they should play, and how they should react in various situations. They will also have a greater appreciation of the seriousness of the inspection process and its importance. With that combination of knowledge and practice, there is a much greater likelihood that they will respond properly and handle their roles professionally during an actual inspection
- Mock inspections can reduce anxiety associated with inspections
- It assists management is the implementation of the Action Plan
The Inspection testa all the regulations using a sampling method. An easy-to-read action plan is prepared which will assist the service deal with and manage any non-compliances identified. The provider may seek additional help through further mentoring and training.