Some services are now entering the third week of re-opening. There has been a lot of change. Updated and new policies, additional forms and ways of doing things that everyone has had to get used to; children, parents and staff. Now might be a useful time to ‘check in’ to see how things are going
- Check in with your staff team – you can do this through a what’s app group for staff if you use one, a questionnaire, or ask staff individually.
- Ask how they are getting on with the new working arrangements?
- Are they clear about how the pods need to work and their responsibilities?
- Anything in any of the policies or from the induction training that they want clarified?
- Do they have any concerns or questions on any work practices, policies, completion of forms.?
- This is also an opportunity to check do they know who their COVID 19 representative is and if they understand that persons role.
- Check in with you parents – use whatever methods you have for communicating with parents.
- How are they getting on with the new drop off and collection process?
- How do they feel their children are ‘settling’ back into the service?
- Is there anything that they want clarified regarding the information they have received?
- Do they have any concerns or questions?
- Check in with the children themselves
- Staff can do this, with the children in their groups – it could perhaps become a story for their Learning Journals? Lots of opportunity for conversation and getting children’s views on the situation – which will be interesting no doubt!