This is a practical workshop for Early Years practitioners. Promoting Positive Behaviour in the Early Years setting (0-6 years) helps build respectful relationships with others.
- What is challenging behaviour?
- Theory of understanding behaviour according to Bandura, Vygotsky Bronfenbrenner
- Differences between how children and adults think and how this might impact on behaviour
- Identify different styles of parenting /leadership style: Laissez-faire, democratic and authoritarian
- Exploration of how the adult responds to challenging behaviour?
- Strategies to support staff in the promotion of appropriate behaviour. Implementation of the setting of appropriate boundaries
- Exploration of supporting children in Conflict resolution using High Scope conflict resolutions 6 steps
- Exploration of prevention strategies of conflict resolution to include the classroom group dynamics, the physical layout of the room, materials and equipment and communicating with the children.
- Discussion on the importance of consistency amongst practitioners and parents when dealing with conflict resolution and the promotion of appropriate behaviour Examine environmental factors which may impact on behavior
- Outline approaches which can be introduced to facilitate and encourage partnership and participation between the children and practitioners within your service.
Course Duration and Delivery
Inservice Training Public Training This is a 3h course when delivered as Inservice Training or Public Training Event.