This webinar provides a theoretical & practical understanding of supporting young children's social and emotional needs.
Early Years practitioners can expect to learn and be equipped with a range of practical tools, strategies and skills on how to effectively support children's emotional and social development from 0-6 years of age by the end of the webinar.
This webinar will cover:
- Why Social & Emotional Health is important in Early Years, and what the theories say
- Siolta/Aistear guide to supporting children's social & emotional health
- The importance of establishing relationships with young children
- Nurturing young children's self confidence and self awareness
- Teaching social and emotional skills intentionally
- Planning social and emotional activities
- Social and Emotional coaching (A practitioners guide)
- Modelling appropriate behaviour
- Providing social and emotional cues for young children
- Resources for teaching social and emotional skills
Course Duration and Delivery
Public Training This is a 2h course when delivered as a webinar.